Monday, November 17, 2008

Valley Metro Experience

My experience with many bureaucracies in US has been good as yet. Most of the time I found people courteous, knowledgeable and helpful. Recently I had to review "Case for Bureaucracy" for the administration theory class. The book I very interesting and though I did not agree with everything written I would strongly recommend this book for reading even if you don't need to write a book review. With the review on my mind I should talk about a small incident.

I am a huge supporter of public transport and totally find Valley metro bus service great. I have been boarding those buses for past two years and seldom had chance to complaint. But in last one month a particular route I regularly board, had some issues. Three consecutive times the bus did not show up at right time. I had to miss appointments as I ended up boarding the later bus. So when I did not catch the bus third time ,I really got upset and called Valley metro. The customer service was great. The person was patient and totally understood my concern. Actually I felt bad as I was complaining about a good service. But I had to let them know. The customer service agent filed a complaint on my behalf and got my information.

After two days I got a courtesy call from valley Metro that they were investigating my complaint and appreciate my input. What a wonderful follow up. Now all those say government does not work well, dear friends I definitely disagree. Government works and and works well. In fact you can get wonderful customer service at par with private companies. I am delighted with this experience. And very much looking forward to light rail in December.

No comments: