Friday, June 6, 2014

I have been meaning to write this blog for a long time now. This post is for all the incredible women I know, met and see on the streets of Washington, DC all the time.

Women rock the world. Period. I have been around the most amazing women all my life. But in past two years, since I moved to DC, I have come across exceptional women and I am in awe of them. These women I met in graduate school, at conferences, in metro, at coffee shops, friends of friends and at work. In short, literally everywhere. They are incredibly smart and by that I mean not only they are book-smart, they are intellectuals. They are straight forward, clear thinkers, know what they want, dashing and just overall power houses. They come from all over the US and from different parts of the world. They speak few languages, they have clear ideas about "feminism", they care about their work and very passionate about "making a difference". Many of them have been through terrible life experiences. But they literally say "try me" to every single bad situation that tries to kick them to the ground.

They are well traveled, well spoken, well dressed and are very comfortable with their sexuality. They have great sense of humor and they are not ashamed of laughing at themselves. These women are inspiration to me. Some of them are married, some single, some are mothers, teachers and educators. But mostly they are "women" who control their life. They take issues head on and not afraid to fail. They are survivors and conquerors. I am too lucky to count them in my life. They are constant source of energy and positive vibes.

They drive, lift heavy boxes, they write, cook and do everything. They are not afraid to be the "man" but at the same time, they are not afraid to rock a pair of red-pumps. They are strong, funny and live their lives to the fullest. I can't thank my fate enough, to have them in my life. I truly, am, blessed to have these rock-star girlfriends. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Look in the mirror. You are one of those women.