Monday, July 7, 2008

I like Emraan Hashmi

I like Emraan Hashmi. I know you are balked at this statement. You must be thinking what’s wrong with me. The girl who worships Kamal Hassan and does not miss Johnny Depp and Tom Hanks movies, what has suddenly gone wrong with her! But well with all due respect to everyone who hates Hashmi, I will say firmly that I like him.

This long week end I got to watch three of Emraan’s movies almost back to back. I started my movie run with Jannat (2008 hit) and ended with Aksar. I have to say I totally had great time. Even with few “Rated” scenes and weird dressing sense of all of the actors, the movies were entertaining.

I know Bhatt camp comes up with all these flicks where there is always a twist in tale and Hashmi is running behind the girl with all his appeal (!). But one thing which I admire about these movies is, they have no star actors and still grab most of the fame and lot of money. When Jodha-Akbar and SarkarRaj are struggling to save the face, Hashmi’s movies are becoming big hits of Bollywood. And mind you Hashmi is doing a better job by each film. Jannat was very interesting and even the new comer girl has done a good job. Music is good, script is cool and pace of the movie is super fast. I think what I liked about the movies was the “Pace”. There was not a single dull moment. Something was happening all the time. Even with all the routine song-dance sequence the thrill did not go down. I guess Bhatts very smart to introduce Hashmi and even with his “not so positive” image they are able to collect good money on their productions. I don’t know if the movies are good or even ok for most of the audience. But I have to say I would any time and every time Prefer Hashmi to Karan Johar. At least I know “Mera Paisa Wasool Hain!”

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I liked Emraan hashmi in his intial few movies coz he broke the mould of conventional goody goody hero but dont u think his roles are just the same!?! One thing which im sure i cannot give him credit for is music in all his movies is a treat...dunno y.
Sign up on Planet Radio City to get all the latest info about ur fav music and singer/composer. Also get lyrics and meet others who like your kinda music. Spread the word about your favourite music.

Puneri said...

I agree with you that he is doing similar type of roles. I think many actors face the problem of type casting and very few have the courage to break that trail. Even Big B was angry young man for a long time. Let's hope that Hashmi can break free out of his image. And about music , we can not give him the credit. But just that he ends up with good songs is something interesting. But I still would say he is a safe bet!

Gayatri said...

Rhucha....
It's really a surprise for me that you liked this Hashmi guy.
With due respect to your opinion,(must be valid in some respect as a person like you say so)but personally I cannot bear to look at that face for more than a minute...might be the movies in which he acted made you think so...

Puneri said...

Actually lot of people said the same thing to me...There is something different about him which make me like him. I initially hated him for the same thing "looks". But surprisingly his same looks actually help him when he is in the movie. He is supposed to be unliked un loved etc etc charatcter in many flicks.Guess what clicked me about him is his cool and I dont care kind of attitude on screen and off screen. DO watch Seedhi Baat on Youtube. Hashmi does a smart job there even after being insulted and provoked. Well I don't expect anyone to agree with me. But one thing is for sure "Hashmi is safe bet"