Monday, April 12, 2010

Ode to Tempe!

What makes a house a home? The people who live in it make it a home. And same is true for a city I call my second home after Pune, my love, Tempe. It's a little hard to believe that this city where I moved only to be with V has become so close to my heart that I am all emotional of the the thought of moving to MI. In last four years, Tempe has become a home where I have met all the loved ones. What started as a convenience , soon became the most valued love affair with the hep city of Tempe.
I met the most amazing people, made most caring friends, went to most amazing graduate school and lived in the most amazing city.

The sun never sets in Tempe. Almost 320 days of beautiful bright sunlight make it the destination for those who enjoy being in the sun. With the youthful crowd of ASU students the city never stops being "young at heart". Tempe is a place where I found best of both worlds. All the perks on being in Phoenix metro area and still a close community feeling. The parks and the roads and the transportation just made it a place I somehow feel, I always knew.

I worked, I played and I made a life in this city. The mill avenue, Tempe Center for the Arts, my favorite place - Tempe public library and Tempe town lake are the jewels of this vibrant city. The food, the weather, the NBA games and partying with friends, it all comes to me when I think of the time I spent it Tempe.

Many of my friends who are not from Arizona look at the state as a desert full of cacti. But what they don't know is that in this desert the cacti bloom with beautiful flowers in Spring and in winter one can still walk around the lake with just a nice jacket on. Ohhh!! Tempe! I will miss you.

When I moved to Arizona, I never knew that the state will keep its mark on me! But it did. Sometimes one has to live it to know it. Grand Canyon is the wonder of the state but another wonder is the people who make this state. My friends and colleagues and the public servants who are an integral part of my experience in Tempe are another wonder of Arizona whom I will miss because they are my family.

I love this city and the life it offers. I know I will come over and visit and it doesn't matter how far I will be since I will read AZ Republic just to be in touch with my family :)

Being in Tempe has been fulfilling and amazing. Tempe, no way this is a "good-bye" but just a "thank you" for making my stay most memorable. I love you and will always think of you as my home in US!

No comments: