Thursday, April 1, 2010

Thank God!

Day before yesterday night, V was out playing his favorite game and I was at home reading. So I decided to watch the movie I had not watched but really wanted to "Bruce Almighty". It's never to late to catch a Jim Carry film. And of course I loved the movie. Everyone has done a great job and Morgan Freeman as God is very convincing. The man is born philosopher :) But what I enjoyed the most about the ,movie is the thought of answering the prayers. There are millions of people including me who ask God every day perhaps many times a day to fulfill certain wish they have. Give me a job, a house, a car, a promotion or help to get over the health problem and so on and so forth. Like in the movie, if God answers all the prayers then every one will win a lottery but every one will just receive $17. What's the point in winning a lottery then?

The movie made me think about all the things we ask God to do for us or get for us. How funny is that we think if we ask he is grant the wish as if he is "Make a wish foundation". Prayer is powerful and it is important that only after testing the will and integrity of the person praying it gets answered. I am so glad God did not grant each of my wish or else I would think I don't need one. I am glad that God makes it hard for us to achieve our goals or mission or whatever we wish in our lives or else no one would remain humble and understand and think about what he/she really wants in life. One of my teachers once said that, "it's good that God makes you wait to get anything in life and he does not answer all you wishes or else he will be working round the clock as if he was servant not God".

So I am happy that God makes it hard of us to reach the destination but I am more happy that he gives the strength to stay on the right path.

No comments: