Monday, June 16, 2008

The City of Power

I would like to call DC as the “City of Power”. When I visit some place I just think about what names I would like to give them. For me New York is “Young and Vibrant”, San Francisco is “Truly International”, San Antonio “Beautiful” and DC is definitely is “Power”. I am sure many of you will agree with me. Being the capital of one of the world’s strongest country (both economically and politically) Dc has the charisma which just makes me love it more everyday.

When I first visited the city I just spent time in and around the mall. So it was more like a cultural experience for me. But after that I had opportunity to visit DC again and now am here for 10 weeks. The first day when I was coming to work, I could see all the professionals walking briskly on the roads. All those huge federal buildings and cops around capitol. Seeing the bureaus and institutes about which I read only in texts or online was an experience. Isn’t it wonderful to see what you cherish all the time?

May be DC is overwhelming for some but if you are into policy and administration, DC is the place you want to be. It’s the land of federal and many important non profits, professional. Research institutes. It has the speed of NY without the too much crowd of it.

I found an apartment in Foggy Bottom and Georgetown is just a walk away. I love to walk there and feel the magic of it whenever I can. I could not believe how lively the neighborhood was even at 12.30 on the night. No wonder young professionals hang around there.

I simply am loving this experience. I hope I would be able to enjoy this city for a long time in futur

No comments: